Sign up for our newsletter and receive 10% off!
I really enjoy having these hot buns when they’re still warm with vegan butter and mango- chia marmalade. It is the best combination ever and it reminds me of my childhood.
So, let’s get started!
What you need for 4 buns:
150 ml tepid coconut milk
1/2 package dry yeast
30 g coconut sugar
60 g coconut flour
190 g flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon cardamon
60 g dried mango
35 ml sunflower oil
For the marmalade:
170 g mango (you can use frozen ones)
1 tablespoon date syrup (or maple syrup)
1 tablespoon chia seeds
How to make the buns:
1. Combine the milk, the yeast and the oil and let it rest for about 10 minutes
2. In the meantime combine all the other ingredients and add the milk mixture
3. Mix it for about 8 minutes until the dough is elastic and well mixed
4. Cover the dough with a towel and let it rest for about 1 hour at a warm place (in the sun etc.)
5. Knead the dough really well and separate it into four pieces, cover and let them rest for another half an hour
6. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and bake your buns for about 20 min until they are nice and golden
How to make the marmalade:
1. Add the mango together with your syrup in a pan and let it cook for about 10 minutes until you can squash the mango with a fork.
2. Then add the chai seeds and let it cook on a low heat for another 15 minutes
Enjoy and happy Spring!
Want to try out some more delicious recipes? Follow Sophie on Instagram and her blog The Foodie and The Fit and check out our other stories about how to make a Green Smoothie Bowl or delicious Vegan Banana Pancakes .